Professional Preparation Program Applicants must:
- Be between the ages of 18 and 30
- Have a background in disciplined movement training, such as circus, gymnastics, dance, martial arts, etc.
- Be physically capable of intense activity 6+ hours per day, 5 days per week
- Have a passion for the physical disciplines that comprise the Circus Arts
Applicants should submit the following:
- $30 processing fee
- A completed application form (Click here for link to application)
- 2 letters of reference from previous coaches or instructors
- A 300 – 500 word essay reflecting your personal artist statement, goals as an aspiring circus practitioner, and potential specialization (found as a component of the application form)
- A link (found as a component of the application form) to an uploaded video showing the following minimum skills and physical tests * in which you demonstrate, to the best of your ability:
• Left and right cartwheel
• Forward roll
• Backward roll
• Back bend/bridge
• Left, right and middle splits
• Sit in a pike, arms extended over the head, lean forward
• Sit in a straddle, pancake chest to the floor
• 20 push-ups (chest touching the floor each time)
• 30 continuous tuck jumps
• As many V-ups as possible in 30 seconds;
• As many pull-ups as possible in one hang
• Handstand in free space or handstand hold against a wall until failure
• Any other related skill you wish to include, i.e.: tumbling, dance, martial arts, acting, singing, capoeira, free running, juggling, unicycle, tight wire, etc.
• A less than 2 minute performance piece, such as singing, a monologue, acting, or dance.
Please keep your application video to a maximum length of 5 minutes.
* Videos demonstrating the skills listed above may be found below
Applications are due February 15, 2017. If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org