Professional Preparation Program Applicants must:
- Be between the ages of 18 and 30
- Have a background in disciplined movement training, such as circus, gymnastics, dance, martial arts, etc.
- Be physically capable of intense activity 6+ hours per day, 5 days per week
- Have a passion for the physical disciplines that comprise the Circus Arts
Applicants must submit the following:
- $30 processing fee
- A completed application form (Click here for link to application)
- 2 letters of reference from previous coaches or instructors
- A 300 – 500 word essay reflecting your personal artist statement, goals as an aspiring circus practitioner, and potential specialization (found as a component of the application form)
- A link (found as a component of the application form) to an uploaded video showing the following minimum skills and physical tests * in which you demonstrate, to the best of your ability:
• Left and right cartwheel
• Forward roll
• Backward roll
• Back bend/bridge
• Left, right and middle splits
• Sit in a pike, arms extended over the head, lean forward
• Sit in a straddle, pancake chest to the floor
• 20 push-ups (chest touching the floor each time)
• 30 continuous tuck jumps
• As many V-ups as possible in 30 seconds;
• As many pull-ups as possible in one hang
• Handstand in free space or handstand hold against a wall until failure
• Any other related skill you wish to include, i.e.: tumbling, dance, martial arts, acting, singing, capoeira, free running, juggling, unicycle, tight wire, etc.
• A less than 2 minute performance piece, such as singing, a monologue, acting, or dance.
Please keep your application video to a maximum length of 5 minutes.
* Videos demonstrating the skills listed above may be found below
We’ve had additional capacity added to our program and are thrilled to announce an extension to our application deadline. Applications will be accepted through March 2, 2018. If you have any questions please email email@example.com