Galas & Events
SANCA—Up with a Twist! Our Annual Gala
Join us for a special evening – April 13, 2017!
Cirque du Soleil returns to Seattle this spring — and for one evening only they are hosting a Benefit Show for SANCA! Come to see LUZIA — and your ticket purchase price will be donated to SANCA!
Calling All Circus Arts Lovers!
GiveBIG — SANCA’s Annual Spring Fund Drive — Tuesday, May 3, 2016
Your gift to SANCA counts for more with a s-t-r-e-t-c-h match from The Seattle Foundation! This online event is SANCA’s Annual Spring Fund Drive to support Social Circus programs for underserved and at-risk youth. GiveBIG is hosted by The Seattle Foundation:
- All gifts up to $2,500 given at SANCA’s giveBIG Profile Page will receive a percentage-based stretch match from The Seattle Foundation.
- Any amount helps! Every gift makes a difference – we’re hoping for as much participation as possible.
- Contributions will support SANCA’s expansion of our Social Circus programs, including Outreach for underserved and marginalized youth, and Every Body’s Circus classes for youth with disabilities.
- There are opportunities for donors to win a Golden Ticket! Ticket winners will have an additional $1,000 added to their chosen non-profit’s total contributions for the day.
New This Year!
A new web portal for giveBIG will offer enhanced donor features including:
- The ability to schedule your givBIG contributions in advance of May 3 — you can schedule your gifts as early as April 18th.
- Enabling the donor to cover the credit card transaction cost, insuring that your chosen nonprofit receive the full benefit of your gift.
- A shopping cart feature that enables donors to select more than one nonprofit for gifts and then schedule a single payment.
More general information about giveBIG is available on the giveBIG website.
SANCA's Funnest Fundraiser
Coming Soon — SANCAthon! — Sunday, October 23, 2016
SANCAthon is a super fun community celebration and an opportunity for you to show off the exciting circus skills you’ve been learning. At the same time, the contributions you gather from family and friends in support of your circus activity will directly support SANCA’s Youth Scholarship Fund and community outreach programs for youth who are underserved – making circus available to everyone regardless of their economic circumstances.
SANCAthon features exciting Team Circus Events such as Catchathon, Tumbling, Handstand Relays, or Juggling. Random Acts of Circus will happen throughout the day, and you’ll have opportunities to enter drawings and win prizes. The festive day concludes with performances from SANCA’s Youth Troupes, accompanied by the SANCApators Band.
Our Event Fundraising Goal is $25,000
Funds raised at SANCATHON provide scholarships for youth with financial challenges to attend circus classes—in 2015, SANCA awarded more than $155,000 in scholarships to youth and families with financial challenges. Funds also benefit at-risk and homeless youth served through SANCA’s Social Circus programs by providing valuable opportunities to participate in healthy creative circus activities.
Advance Registration for SANCAthon is required. Register Today!
PARTICIPANT REGISTRATION OPENS: Sunday, September 25, 2016
DEADLINE FOR REGISTRATION: Friday, October 21, 2016
Catchathon check-in for all flying participants at the TENT.
11:30 A.M. to 1:45 P.M.
Check-in for participants involved in Team Challenges in the SANCA Office.
In the Tent: Catchathon!
The High Flyers of SANCA’s School of Flight will complete feats of derring-do in an hour full of thrills!
In the Gym: Solo Events!
You’ve set a personal goal you have one hour to complete it! The solo challenge is for those who have a SANCANthon challenge that doesn’t fit in the team categories..
1:00 P.M. – Circus Parade from the Tent to the Main Gym!
1:15 P.M. – The Busker’s Challenge!
SANCA Staff and Cirrus Circus give it their all for you! Challenge our performers to achieve amazing feats of daring do by putting down a donation for a trick. Want to see an acrobatic three-high? Juggling 7 balls? A dueling unicycle challenge? Show us the $$, we’ll show you the tricks!!
2:00 P.M. – SANCAthon Team Events!
- Tumbling: Cartwheels, Back Handsprings, and Back Saltos!
- Aerial: Climb an amazing Washington State Icon!
- Tightwire and Unicycle: Walk across “Niagrara Falls” or cycle through pattern!
- Juggling: Patterns and partner juggling – see how long can you keep your balls and clubs in the air!
- The Handstand Wave and events for tots!
3:00 P.M. – The SANCAthon Showcase!
SANCA’s Amazing Circus 1-ders, Magnificent 7, Eve Diamond, Mary Gargett, Robert Howells, and the SANCApators Band entertain you with an amazing circus performance! We’ll also have drawings for a variety of prizes.
SANCA's Summer Crowdfunding Campaign!
102 awesome donors SANCA contributed $11,926.42 to fund a ventilation fan for SANCA’s flying trapeze tent! You all are great! We are within $2,000 of raising the remaining funds and expect to have the fan installed in the tent this fall.
Thank you for your support!
During the summer, our flying trapeze tent can experience temperatures up to 125 degrees Fahrenheit, which creates uncomfortable and even unsafe temperatures for flying. For student safety, if the tent is too hot, we reschedule classes or offer alternative activities in the gym. In the winter, although the tent is heated, it often experiences issues with condensation — fogging, damp equipment, and even occasional dripping from the ceiling due to condensation. It’s an uncomfortable environment for students and a time-consuming maintenance effort for the staff to keep equipment dry and safe for students.
To solve these climate issues we need to install an exhaust fan ventilation system for the flying trapeze tent to improve climate control, humidity, and moisture problems in the tent. The fan will benefit our student community by cooling the tent in the summer and reducing humidity in the winter. The tent environment will be safer and more comfortable for students. Better climate control will increase the longevity of the tent and flying trapeze equipment by reducing moisture and mold damage. It will also significantly reduce staff maintenance time by keeping flying equipment drier and in better condition. Reducing maintenance time means more fly time for our students! Installing the exhaust fan will also provide a major savings in ongoing maintenance expenses.