PROGRAM STRATEGY AND OUTREACH
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Advisor, Program Strategy and Community Outreach is a member of the
Executive Director’s leadership team, providing direction, vision, and strategies for all programs. In addition, the
Advisor will lead community outreach and engagement within the professional circus industry. The Advisor is an essential member of the SANCA staff and will drive strategies that create a positive and engaging circus culture within the organization.
Annual Salary: $27,000 – $34,000 Part-time position.
Benefits: Benefits include free circus classes for staff, free and/or discounted circus classes for the direct family of staff, and free use of SANCA’s gym for training and fitness.
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, including any of the following
representative duties, knowledge, and skills:
• Collaborates and communicates effectively with other SANCA staff to develop and implement program
strategies, community outreach, and a positive culture within SANCA.
• Provide exemplary leadership that drives the programming vision for the organization; collaborating with
internal and external stakeholders to execute state-of-the-art circus arts for the community.
• Play a leadership role in the community and develop strong partnerships with organizations that will
support and further expand the SANCA mission.
• Provides visionary strategy for programs; recreational classes, Youth Companies, Flying Trapeze, Every
Body Circus, Artists in Residence, adult performances, and workshops.
• Drives strategies for developing a positive culture within SANCA; bringing people together to share,
learn and grow both internally and externally.
• Provides strategy for the coach’s education program, minimum standards, and curriculum for all SANCA
• Develops strategy for prioritizing facility usage for all constituent groups and working across department
lines to communicate priorities.
• Partners with the Manager, Marketing and Outreach to provide program strategies for marketing
• Leads the program advisory committee; creating and driving the direction, recruiting, and onboarding
members, and communicating progress to the program staff.
The ideal candidate will have a strong reputation in the circus community, a strong background in circus arts, and exemplary leadership skills. They will work well with others and have a strong ability to foster a creative, open-minded work environment; they will be open to new and different ideas, with a willingness to celebrate the successes of their team members. Bachelor’s degree preferred. Professional work experience in the circus community is mandatory. We will also consider candidates whose experiences and learning have come through non-traditional paths.
Please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. The position is open until filled. Questions may be asked by email only to firstname.lastname@example.org