July 28 Update:
Per CDC and King County, SANCA recommends that all who enter wear masks, including vaccinated individuals. Thank you! J.T
SANCA’s COVID-19 Health & Safety Policy effective July 6, 2021 remains active. (see below for more details)
SANCA has announced a new COVID-19 Health and Safety Policy. It is updated and goes into effect as of July 6, 2021. The Policy is based on updated guidance and requirements from King County Public Health and the State of Washington.
The policy can be seen below, or you can view a PDF version.
School for Acrobatics and New Circus Arts
COVID-19 Health & Safety Policy
This policy goes into effect July 6, 2021
To ensure the safety of our students, staff, and surrounding community, and in consideration of public health, SANCA will adhere to a new policy in regards to masks, vaccines, and social distancing to limit the spread of COVID-19. The State of Washington now allows businesses to lift restrictions on masks and social distancing as long as certain conditions are met.
It is important to consider and understand SANCA’s operating environment before setting a policy of this nature. State of Washington guidelines for K-12 schools are different than other businesses, but SANCA is not a K-12 school. While some of SANCA’s students are under the age of 12 and unable to be vaccinated, those students are a minority of SANCA’s total student population. Most students under the age of 12 are kept socially distant – far more than 6 feet apart – from students in other classes. The CDC defines exposure risk as spending 15 minutes or more in close proximity to another individual; this only applies to students and coaches who are in the same class together.
For this reason, it is not appropriate for SANCA to follow the state guidance for K-12 schools nor the state guidance for other businesses. SANCA will instead follow a hybrid policy that incorporates aspects of both.
- Students and guests who are fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus may attend classes and be present inside SANCA’s facilities without wearing a mask. See item 4 below for an exception to this policy.
- Students who are not vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus and students under the age of 12 must wear a mask when present inside SANCA’s facilities. These students may only remove their masks when drinking water or when going outside.
- SANCA employees and volunteers must wear masks while indoors during work hours. Exceptions include during breaks to drink and eat and when working in a room alone.
- When camps are occurring at SANCA 9am-3pm, everyone in the facility must wear masks. This includes fully vaccinated students who wish to train to take a private lesson during camp time. During 2021, camps are held Mondays-Fridays during the following dates:
- June 21 – September 3
- November 22-24
- December 20-23
- December 27-30
- SANCA employees who are not actively working often attend classes as students or spend time “off the clock” training in SANCA’s facilities. During these times, they are treated the same as students in items 1 and 2 above.
SOCIAL DISTANCING POLICY
- Students and guests who are fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus do not have to remain socially distant from others while in SANCA’s facilities. This allows students to participate in partner acrobatics, catching in the fly tent, and other contact activities.
- All others – unvaccinated students, students under the age of 12, and guests as well as SANCA employees – must remain socially distant from others according to public health guidelines.
- SANCA staff who wish to do catching in the fly tent may register their vaccination status with Human Resources in order to be approved for an exception to social distancing.
EXPOSURE AND REPORTING POLICY
- Our existing waivers still address COVID-19 so students are advised to read them again to understand exposure reporting and other responsibilities.
- According to the waiver, everyone who comes to SANCA represents they are in good health and have had no known exposure to COVID-19 and no symptoms of COVID-19 for 14 days prior to entering SANCA’s facility.
- Also according to the waiver, if an individual believes they have had any exposure to COVID-19, they shall immediately cease entering SANCA’s facility until they can again warrant that they have had no known exposure for the 14 day period, and shall alert SANCA’s Front Office if they have been on the premises since their exposure.
- SANCA will not track or ask for the vaccination status of any student, parent, or guest who enters the facility. We ask patrons to be honest and please wear a mask and remain socially distant if they have not been vaccinated against COVID-19.
- SANCA will not track, ask for, or require reporting on the vaccination status of its employees. SANCA employees are permitted to voluntarily report their vaccination status if they so choose, and/or if they will to participate in catching in the fly tent.
- Due to the ongoing risks associated with COVID and the overall reduced facility size at SANCA, there will be no parent viewing room. In general, parents, family, and guests of students are asked to wait outside of SANCA’s facilities during their student’s class.
- Any parent who wishes to observe a class may do so by requesting access. Requests must be made through the SANCA Front Office at least 24 hours in advance of the class. To request access, please call (206) 652-4433 or email email@example.com.
- Cleaning and disinfecting equipment: SANCA staff and students are no longer required to clean equipment immediately after each use. SANCA’s facility team will establish a new procedure for cleaning and disinfecting equipment that is in alignment with State of Washington and CDC recommendations. Coaches and students are permitted to clean equipment before and after use according to their level of comfort.
- Temperature and symptom checks: SANCA staff will no longer check the body temperature of individuals entering the building, nor will they ask individuals if they have symptoms or have been exposed to COVID-19.
SANCA also recognizes that the science behind COVID-19 may change rapidly as has been evident over the past 16 months. SANCA reserves the right to alter these policies as needed based on new information, whether regarding COVID-19 or other factors, with or without advance notice.
If you have questions or concerns about this policy, please contact John Tannous.