School's Out Camps
No school? Send them to the circus!
Upcoming School’s Out Camps:
3-day Thanksgiving Camps
$330 9am – 3pm November 25-27, 2019
2-day Holiday Camps
$220 9am-3pm December 26 & 27, 2019
2-day Holiday Camps
$220 9am – 3pm January 2 & 3, 2020
2019 School’s Out Camp Descriptions:
[ages 6-8] Join us on a creative exploration of circus arts! Campers will discover a variety of circus disciplines including acrobatics, aerial arts, object manipulation, clowning, tightwire and more. They will also develop increased body awareness while working collaboratively in group activities such as ring passing and partner acrobatics. Their new skills and creative expression will be highlighted in a short performance for family and friends on the last day of camp.
[ages 9-12] Cultivate a wealth of circus skills in this multi-disciplinary camp! Circus stars will learn the foundations of acrobatics, aerial arts, object manipulation, clowning, tightwire and more. The week will end with a creative showcase for campers to share their broad range of circus skills with family and friends on the last day of camp.
Big Top Circus:
[ages 13-17] Unlock your creativity with this camp designed to develop performance skills through the creative exploration of a wide variety of circus disciplines including acrobatics, aerial arts, object manipulation, clowning, tightwire and more. Using SANCA’s generalist approach to developing circus skills, campers will also experience linking individual skills into sequences and practicing choreography. This camp culminates with building a group act that incorporates individual and group skills to share with friends and family.
Enrollment Information and FAQs
How to enroll:
- Call our office at 206-652-4433 to enroll your camper(s)
- Enrollment are also accepted via email and in person
- The SANCA office processes all enrollments in the order that they are received
- Payment plan and scholarships are available. Please talk to our office staff about these options when you enroll your student.
- There is a quarterly registration fee of $15. The registration fee is capped at $150 per year for families. It is non-refundable.
Transfers and cancellations:
- Within 72 hours of the date camp begins, camp tuition is not transferable or refundable.
- Paid tuition may be transferred from one week to another or canceled and refunded at no additional charge if the request is received at least two weeks before the date camp begins.
- Transfer requests from one week to another made in the two weeks before camp begins do not have a financial penalty, but transfer requests are subject to availability. If you transfer out of one camp and there are students waiting, your spot will no longer be available should you change your mind.
- Cancellations made in the two weeks before camp begins are subject to a cancellation fee of 50% of the cost of camp, and the balance of the unused tuition will be retained as a credit toward future tuition. Credits are transferable to other students and may be used toward any tuition, including flying trapeze
- Students are expected to attend the camps in which they are enrolled
- Camp tuition is not prorated.
Confirmations and communications:
- You will receive an email confirmation for camp enrollment.
- Using our email newsletter service we send out camp reminder emails the Friday before camp starts, as well as information about camp experiences and events during the week of camp.
To enroll in a camp simply call our office! 206-652-4433
Our Afternoon Extra Care programming provides a safe, supervised environment during the hours most parents/guardians are working. Caregivers can feel comfortable knowing their children are with their peers and one of our SANCA coaches in an emotionally safe environment. Students will be given a snack and the choice to color, collage, read, play board games or relax after a day at camp.
Extra Care will be available as a an afternoon block.
PM only: $25 per day (3pm – 6pm, 3 hours)
*Prorating is not available.
How to Enroll
• Students may be enrolled in Extra Care at the time of enrollment in camp.
• Students must be enrolled in Extra Care. It is not drop-in.
• Enrollment for PM Extra Care may occur as late as morning camp check-in.
Space is limited. Enrolling early is important to secure your position in Extra Care
Late Pickup Policy:
Guardians that are late for pick-up will incur a $20 late fee for each 15 minute increment of tardiness (ex. If a parent picks up their child at 6:20pm that is an additional $40 cost).
Extra Care is not transferable or refundable within 72 hours of the scheduled care.
Cancellations made in the two weeks before extra care begins are subject to a cancellation fee of 50% of the cost of extra care, and the balance of the unused tuition will be retained as a credit toward future tuition. Credits are transferable to other students.