SANCA is hiring – Circus Camp Coach
Circus Camp Coach
School of Acrobatics and New Circus Arts
Reports to: Camp Manager
The School of Acrobatics and New Circus Arts (SANCA) is looking for energetic and enthusiastic circus coaches for circus camp. Camps run Monday – Friday, 9am-3pm. All hired coaches will be trained to coach to SANCA’s standards of safety and skill progressions.
Description: SANCA’s Camp Program provides a fun, engaging, and safe experience for children between ages 6 and 17, with camps grouped by age into 6-9 years old and 10-17 years old. Coaches will instruct campers in trampoline, tumbling, aerial rope and silk, static trapeze, partner acro, juggling, and other circus skills. Coaches will help to create an exciting and fun experience that includes teamwork, a positive atmosphere, and the joy of circus, helping campers through the challenge of learning new things by breaking difficult or complex skills down into steps, and helping their students feel successful, whatever their rate of progression.
Camp coaches are part-time, with hours ranging from 18 to 33 hours per week.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
– Present a warm and welcoming demeanor towards campers and parents, and engage with their campers in a fun and constructive manner
– Maintain a safe environment for the student, physically and emotionally
– Supervise and instruct campers in a variety of circus skills and apparatuses, as assigned by SANCA’s camp manager
– Work cooperatively alongside other coaches and communicate effectively with the camp manager
– Provide motivational support and guidance to campers
– Uphold SANCA’s mission at all times (SANCA is dedicated to improving the mental, emotional, and physical health of children of all ages, backgrounds, and abilities by engaging them in the joyous creativity of acrobatics and circus arts.
– SANCA provides quality instruction in unique physical arts in a safe, supportive, nurturing environment that provides both challenge and reward to the student.)
– Be present and ready to greet campers 15 minutes before camp starts and work with other coaches to clean up camp areas after camp ends (this is paid time)
– Help campers develop social skills during snack, lunch, and other ‘down’ time
– Assist younger campers with an art project
– Supervise campers effectively and safely while in the flying trapeze tent
– Communicate and enforce SANCA’s COVID protocols
The ideal candidate would have
– Working knowledge in movement based activities, especially circus or gymnastics, and willingness to learn additional
movements and skills required
– Experience working with children
– Ability to lift equipment and to spot students where appropriate
– Ability to motivate and effectively communicate with co-workers, parents and students
– Exercises mature judgment and sound decision-making
– Demonstrates enthusiastic attitude and positive demeanor
Minimum requirements are:
– Pass a background check
Email resume to: Program Director, Tom Hanna at firstname.lastname@example.org
SANCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. www.sancaseattle.org