SANCA has announced a new COVID-19 Health and Safety Policy. It is updated and goes into effect as of October 25, 2021. The Policy is based on updated guidance and requirements from King County Public Health and the State of Washington.
School for Acrobatics and New Circus Arts
COVID-19 Health & Safety Policy
This policy has been updated as of January 11, 2022
SANCA is following the recommendations of public health organizations to ensure the safety of our students, staff, and surrounding community. Below is our updated policy based on the most recent publications from King County Public Health, the State of Washington, and the CDC
Following the State of Washington mandate for indoor businesses, all persons who enter SANCA are required to wear masks that cover face and nose.
The only exceptions to this rule are as follows:
- For staff and students, masks may be temporarily removed when drinking water.
- For staff, masks may be temporarily removed when eating (students are not permitted to eat inside SANCA’s facility).
- For staff when inside an enclosed room and isolated, masks may be temporarily removed.
- Following the local mandate order by King County, as of October 25, 2021, students and visitors to SANCA will be asked to provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 72 hours of arrival at SANCA.
- As an alternative to providing vaccine verification, prior to entry individuals over 12 must provide digital or printed documentation from a testing agent, including a laboratory, health care provider, or pharmacy of:
- A negative FDA-approved PCR test administered within the previous 72 hours, or
- A negative FDA-approved rapid test administered by a testing provider on site at the event site.
- The local mandate by King County does not apply to staff. However, SANCA also requires that its staff provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19. Exemptions may be permitted for religious and health reasons as appropriate when approved by Human Resources and/or the Executive Director.-Testing does not apply for students under the age of 12.
SOCIAL DISTANCING POLICY
- We recommend all students remain socially distant when possible within SANCA.
- Students and guests who are fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus do not have to remain socially distant from others while participating in contact activities such as partner acrobatics, partner aerial, and catching in the fly tent.
- All others – unvaccinated individuals and students under the age of 12 – must remain socially distant from others at all times according to public health guidelines.
EXPOSURE AND REPORTING POLICY
- Our existing waivers still address COVID-19 so students are advised to read them again to understand exposure reporting and other responsibilities.
- According to the waiver, everyone who comes to SANCA represents they are in good health and have had no known exposure to COVID-19 and no symptoms of COVID-19 for 14 days prior to entering SANCA’s facility, OR
- If an individual DOES have a known exposure to COVID-19 or has displayed symptoms of COVID-19 in the last 14 days prior to SANCA’s facility the student must get a COVID-19 test and the following must be followed based on the result:
- If an individual tests positive, they remain in isolation for 5 days from the end of symptoms. They do not need to retest after the stated isolation period, but should continue to mask and social distance when returning to activities (per CDC guidelines).
- If an individual tests negative, they are welcome to immediately return to activities. However, they should remain isolated if any symptoms are present and only return to activities once they are post-symptomatic.
- Also according to the waiver, if an individual believes they have had any exposure to COVID-19, they shall immediately cease entering SANCA’s facility and shall alert SANCA’s Front Office if they have been on the premises since their exposure.
- SANCA is following CDC guidelines for contact tracing and will be following up on any reported cases by email and phone.
- Due to the ongoing risks associated with COVID and the overall reduced facility size at SANCA, there will be no parent viewing room. In general, parents, family, and guests of students are asked to wait outside of SANCA’s facilities during their student’s class.
- Any parent who wishes to observe a class may do so by requesting access. Requests must be made through the SANCA Front Office at least 24 hours in advance of the class. To request access, please call (206) 652-4433 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cleaning supplies are stocked and placed in designated, visible areas around SANCA. Signage accompanying the supplies provides instructions for which cleaning supplies can be used on each type of equipment. Coaches are responsible for monitoring the cleaning of all equipment between classes. All mats and any equipment used during a class must be cleaned before being put away.
Temperature and symptom checks: SANCA staff will no longer check the body temperature of individuals entering the building, nor will they ask individuals if they have symptoms or have been exposed to COVID-19. As a reminder: everyone who comes to SANCA represents they are in good health and have had no known exposure to COVID-19 and no symptoms of COVID-19 for 14 days prior to entering SANCA’s facility.
SANCA also recognizes that the science behind COVID-19 may change rapidly as has been evident over the past 18 months. SANCA reserves the right to alter these policies as needed based on new information, whether regarding COVID-19 or other factors, with or without advance notice.
If you have questions or concerns about this policy, please contact Octavia Graham.