SANCA has announced a new COVID-19 Health and Safety Policy. It is updated and goes into effect as of October 25, 2021. The Policy is based on updated guidance and requirements from King County Public Health and the State of Washington.
School for Acrobatics and New Circus Arts
COVID-19 Health & Safety Policy
This policy has been updated as of October 19, 2021
To ensure the safety of our students, staff, and surrounding community, and in consideration of public health, SANCA will adhere to a new policy in regards to masks, vaccines, and social distancing to limit the spread of COVID-19.
Following the State of Washington mandate for indoor businesses, all persons who enter SANCA are required to wear masks that cover face and nose.
The only exceptions to this rule are as follows:
- For staff and students, masks may be temporarily removed when drinking water.
- For staff, masks may be temporarily removed when eating (students are not permitted to eat inside SANCA’s facility).
- For staff when inside an enclosed room and isolated, masks may be temporarily removed.
SOCIAL DISTANCING POLICY
- Students and guests who are fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus do not have to remain socially distant from others while in SANCA’s facilities. This allows students to participate in partner acrobatics, catching in the fly tent, and other contact activities.
- All others – unvaccinated individuals and students under the age of 12 – must remain socially distant from others according to public health guidelines.
EXPOSURE AND REPORTING POLICY
- Our existing waivers still address COVID-19 so students are advised to read them again to understand exposure reporting and other responsibilities.
- According to the waiver, everyone who comes to SANCA represents they are in good health and have had no known exposure to COVID-19 and no symptoms of COVID-19 for 14 days prior to entering SANCA’s facility.
- Also according to the waiver, if an individual believes they have had any exposure to COVID-19, they shall immediately cease entering SANCA’s facility until they can again warrant that they have had no known exposure for the 14 day period, and shall alert SANCA’s Front Office if they have been on the premises since their exposure.
- Following the local mandate order by King County, as of October 25, 2021, students and visitors to SANCA will be asked to provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 72 hours of arrival at SANCA.
- As an alternative to providing vaccine verification, prior to entry individuals, must provide digital or printed documentation from a testing agent, including a laboratory, health care provider, or pharmacy of:
- A negative FDA-approved PCR test administered within the previous 72 hours, or
- A negative FDA-approved rapid test administered by a testing provider on site at the event site.
- The local mandate by King County does not apply to staff. However, SANCA also requires that its staff provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19. Exemptions may be permitted for religious and health reasons as appropriate when approved by Human Resources and/or the Executive Director.
-A negative FDA-approved PCR test administered within the previous 72 hours, or a negative FDA-approved rapid test administered by a testing provider on site at the event site.
- Due to the ongoing risks associated with COVID and the overall reduced facility size at SANCA, there will be no parent viewing room. In general, parents, family, and guests of students are asked to wait outside of SANCA’s facilities during their student’s class.
- Any parent who wishes to observe a class may do so by requesting access. Requests must be made through the SANCA Front Office at least 24 hours in advance of the class. To request access, please call (206) 652-4433 or email email@example.com.
- Cleaning and disinfecting equipment: SANCA staff and students are no longer required to clean equipment immediately after each use. SANCA’s facility team will establish a new procedure for cleaning and disinfecting equipment that is in alignment with State of Washington and CDC recommendations. Coaches and students are permitted to clean equipment before and after use according to their level of comfort.
- Temperature and symptom checks: SANCA staff will no longer check the body temperature of individuals entering the building, nor will they ask individuals if they have symptoms or have been exposed to COVID-19. As a reminder: everyone who comes to SANCA represents they are in good health and have had no known exposure to COVID-19 and no symptoms of COVID-19 for 14 days prior to entering SANCA’s facility.
SANCA also recognizes that the science behind COVID-19 may change rapidly as has been evident over the past 18 months. SANCA reserves the right to alter these policies as needed based on new information, whether regarding COVID-19 or other factors, with or without advance notice.
If you have questions or concerns about this policy, please contact John Tannous.