School of Acrobatics and New Circus Arts
Reports to: Front Office Manager
Description: The Administrative Assistant (AA) is a member of the Office Staff and is responsible for providing
administrative and office support to the Office Manager. The AA position is currently part-time and hours will
fluctuate depending on specific events occurring within the organization. Hours are currently estimated at 12-18 hours per week with the majority of hours falling on weekends and weekday evenings.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
– Responsible for daily office operations and must be knowledgeable about SANCA’s programs and policies
– Interacts with students, parents, vendors, and visitors and show new students/families around the gym
– Responsible for answering the phone, voice mail, and email inquiries about SANCA and transfer to appropriate
staff member when necessary
– Responsible for registering students for classes and/or assisting students in registering themselves
– Open, sort, and distribute incoming correspondence, including faxes and email; sign for and distribute UPS/
FedEx or similarly delivered packages.
– Perform general clerical duties to include, but are not limited to, data entry, copying, faxing, mailing, and filing.
– Create and modify documents using word processing, spreadsheet, database, and/or other presentation software
– Help maintain inventory of office equipment and supplies
– May supervise volunteers and other support personnel
– Assist with special events, such as fundraising activities and productions
– Assist with the overall maintenance of the organization and its offices
– Maintain student database
– Attendance: Record attendance during check-in, Follow-up with no-shows
– Inform students/families who are ready to advance their class level
– Flying Trapeze Registration: Communicate with FT Director regarding changes/updates, Manage class closures
– Various projects and tasks as assigned
The ideal candidate would have the
– Ability to operate standard office equipment, including but not limited to, computers, telephone systems,
calculators, copiers, and facsimile machines.
– Good writing, analytical and problem-solving skills.
– Knowledge of principles & practices of organization, planning, records management & general administration.
– Ability to communicate effectively and professionally
– Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
– Ability to work well alone and as part of a team
-Familiarity with Google Suite
SANCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. www.sancaseattle.org
Previous administrative experience preferred.
To apply, a resume and cover letter should be sent to email@example.com