Artist-in-Residency (AIR) Coordinator
Description: The AIR Coordinator is responsible for recruiting and selecting artists to participate in the AIR program, and supporting their creation projects at SANCA by serving as a liaison between the artists and the organization.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
– Recruits and reviews candidates for Artists-in-Residency in collaboration with Program Advisor and AIR Panel
– Orients new AIRs to SANCA space
– Works with front office staff to schedule rehearsals, showings, and workshops
staff member when necessarys
– Guides AIRs to contribute to SANCA community in a way that is comfortable and meaningful for them
– Communicates with staff across SANCA departments to make residencies run smoothly
– Supports AIRs in finding performance space if appropriate
– Works in collaboration with the Manager, Marketing and Outreach to provide assets/material for marketing campaigns.
The ideal candidate has a strong background, (5+ years) in professional circus arts performance and has themselves participated in Artist-in-Residency programs of some kind. Familiarity with SANCA programs and policies preferred. Ability to communicate well and foster a positive work environment essential.
Compensation: Hourly, Project based. Averaging 10-12 hrs/monthly Coordinator Level Pay: $20.00-23.50/hr
Please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Position is open until filled. Questions may be asked by email only to email@example.com.