Important information you should know about being in our circus
Enrollment pre-requisites, such as age, skill, or height, are in place to keep our students learning, staying safe, and having fun.
We are unable to allow students into classes not in the students’ age group.
Our classes have age ranges in consideration of stages of learning and growth. A student with an upcoming birthday during the enrollment period may enroll into a class for the next age level.
Class capacity is set in consideration of childhood ages and development stages, equipment, and spatial requirements of the skills being taught.
- During the Covid pandemic classes must have a minimum of 3 paying students 48h in advance or the class will be canceled.
- There are no refunds:
- If SANCA cancels a class for any reason including low enrollment, students will be issued an in-house credit.
- If the student cancels with more than 48h notice they will be issued an in-house credit.
- If student cancel with less than 48h in advance no refund and no in-house credit will be issued.
Tuition and Payment Policies
Tuition (as of September 2020)
- All regular classes are $25/hour, $38/90min, $50/2hours.
- All flying Trapeze classes are $45/hour, $67.50/90min, $90/2hours.
- All online classes are $10/hour.
- Special classes such as Youth Performance and workshops may be priced differently.
- Tuition is due at the time of enrollment.
- Payment for classes can be accepted in person, over the phone, or online.
- We accept all major credit cards, checks, cash and offer payment plans.
We are not yet offering payment plans because for Fall 2020 Session, all classes are drop-in style, so students can register for one week at a time or as many weeks as they like.
Youth Scholarship Program
SANCA is proud to offer scholarships to families in need of financial assistance for students aged 2-18 or until the scholarship applicant has completed high school. We rely on the honesty of our families to determine the amount of financial aid each student receives and expect families to pay a portion of the tuition if they are able. Payment plans are an option to anyone regardless of financial need; ask in the office if you would like to set up a payment plan.
Students seeking full scholarship funding are asked to enroll in no more than 1 class per week per session or to enroll in no more than 1 full week of full-day camp per session.
Please note: during the COVID pandemic, SANCA must limit the number of scholarships it can provide. They are offered first-come, first-served. Once they run out for this session, any student who requests a scholarship but is not granted one will be placed on the priority list for Winter Session.Youth Scholarship Application
- The Work Study Program is for adult students who otherwise are unable to attend classes due to financial costs.
- If you are interested in participating in this program, ask the office for a Work Study Program application. There are a limited amount of spaces available within the Work Study Program and to participate you must have been at student at SANCA for at least one whole session. When spots do become available, they are released on a first come, first served basis.
Cancellation & Refund Policies
Custom Class Cancellation Policy
Custom classes being cancelled or rescheduled are subject to the following:
- No penalty or fee if notification of the cancellation is sent at least 24 hours prior to the class
- If notice of cancellation is sent within 24 hours prior to class, a fee of $40 per hour per coach will be due
- If no notice is given and the student does not show up for the class, the full cost of the class is still due.
Private Lesson Cancellation Policy
SANCA’s staff are allowed to set their own cancellation policies for private lessons. Please check with your coach to see what their policy is.
Class Cancellation Policy
If for any reason you need to drop your class please notify the office as soon as possible. Refund policy is dependent on when the cancellation is made and by whom:
- Classes must have a minimum of 3 paying students 48h in advance or the class will be canceled (minimum is 2 for online classes and jams).
- There are no refunds:
- If the student cancels with more than 48h notice they will be issued an in-house credit.
- If the student cancels less than 48h in advance no refund and no in-house credit will be issued.
- Pro-rations due to inclement weather cannot be refunded but can be used towards your next circus experience.
- Paid tuition may be transferred to another class any time before the class has started with no penalty.
Party Cancellation Policy
Parties that are cancelled by the client are subject to the following:
- Within 72 hours of the party there will be no rescheduling, refunds, or credits given
- Within 2 weeks of the party, no refunds will be given and any rescheduling or credit is subject to a 50% fee.
- Cancellations or rescheduling requests received more than 2 weeks prior to the party may be rescheduled without additional charges or refunded in full.
Camp Cancellation Policy
- Within 72 hours of the date camp begins camp tuition is not transferable or refundable.
- Paid tuition may be transferred from one week to another or canceled and refunded at no additional charge if the request is received at least two weeks before the date camp begins.
- Transfer requests from one week to another made in the two weeks before camp begins do not have a financial penalty, but transfer requests are subject to availability. If you transfer out of one camp and there are students waiting, your spot will no longer be available should you change your mind.
- Cancellations made in the two weeks before camp begins are subject to a cancellation fee of 50% of the cost of camp, and the balance of the unused tuition will be retained as a credit toward future tuition. Credits are transferable to other students and may be used toward any tuition, including flying trapeze.
Participating at SANCA
Covid health & safety policy
- SANCA strictly follows Covid guidelines for King County.
- Please read our Covid Policy.
Arriving for Class
- Students should arrive ten minutes prior to their class to ensure that they are hydrated, appropriately dressed, and in the right mindset to begin their circus experience.
- Coaches at SANCA work to help all their students achieve the goals of a class. To do this, we ask that students follow basic guidelines and rules set for class.
Communicating with SANCA Staff while they are coaching
- In order to maintain physical and emotional safety for the students, students and parents must respect the coaches while they are doing their job. To do this, please be aware when asking for a coach’s attention if they are currently spotting or keeping a child/adult physically safe. In general, please do not give coaches feedback about their teaching during their class unless you see something that urgently needs attention around safety. It can undermine a student’s sense of emotional safety if their coach is being questioned during the class.
- If you have any issues with a coach that you do not feel comfortable talking to them directly about after class, please follow the Student Communication Path below. Thank you for keeping yourself, the coaches and our other students safe!
- Due to the progressions planned for class and for the safety of the student, a student cannot join the class after the first 10 minutes of class have passed. It is important for every student to participate in the warm up section of class to ensure that they are prepared for circus movement.
- Please inform the office of any absences, whether planned or unplanned. The office may communicate what we have to offer you given your missed time.
Word hard, play safe, and have fun! Our SANCA agreements are fundamental ideas and at the heart of our community. To help facilitate those three ideas we have conduct expectations for students:
- Students are expected to follow the instruction of the coaches at all times.
- Students MUST follow the safety rules. A student who cannot will be asked to take a break from attending circus class until they are able to follow the rules.
- Students must stay with their class, using the equipment and participating in the activity chosen by the coach.
- Students may not use equipment without direct supervision or coach approval.
- SANCA has a firm no bullying policy. If you, a fellow student, or your child is being bullied refer to the escalation path to see how to resolve this issue. If the bullying cannot be resolved, SANCA reserves the right to ask the offending student to leave class, and further may be expelled from SANCA.
- No gum or food in the gym.
- No cell phones or other personal digital devices allowed in class.
- No glass beverage containers in the gym.
Students must treat the facility, staff, peers and equipment with respect. For students not following our conduct and safety guidelines, SANCA reserves the right to enforce disciplinary measures up to suspension or expulsion.
- Students who come to class without their circus attire will be asked to change their clothes. SANCA may lend clean circus-appropriate clothing to the students when necessary. Please return this clothing to the front office at the end of your class.
- Students are very active in class and frequently upside-down. Please make sure that students are wearing appropriate athletic attire, including underclothes, clothes that are not too baggy, a shirt that can tuck in; attire that will not expose them as they move.
- Skirts and dresses also interfere with many circus skills and are strongly discouraged.
- ABSOLUTELY NO zippers or buckles on clothing. They catch on aerial, trampoline and other equipment. These can be dangerous to the student and damaging to equipment.
- No degrading or profane messages on clothing.
- Students may go barefoot or wear socks. Please have clean feet and/or clean socks.
- Shoulder-length hair must be tied back.
- No necklaces, rings, or other dangling body jewelry.
- Attire should be clean and odor free.
Some classes have special footwear or other attire requirements. Please ask your coach if you need help picking out apparel from the front office that is appropriate for your class.
- Chinese pole: Students taking a pole class are asked to wear jeans and flat, rubber-soled non-street shoes.
- German wheel: Students needs clothes that aren’t baggy, closed-toed lace-up shoes that are not bulky. (converse or bushidos are great)
- Aerial: Students need clothes that aren’t baggy and cover the back of the knees.
- Unicycle: Students should wear closed-toed, lace-up shoes.
- Tightwire: Students should wear socks or full soled ballet slippers.
Flying Trapeze: Flying Trapeze students should follow the general attire guidelines. Additionally, flyers should bring socks to class and wear pants that cover the backs of their knees.
Injury and Wellness
- No students should attend class with untreated pink eye, fever, vomiting or diarrhea, any wet or open rashes or sores, or if you think s/he might have croup.
- Please cover warts with tape or a band-aid.
- Children exposed to chickenpox should not attend class for 21 days after the child’s exposure, to avoid potentially exposing others.
- Children exposed to head lice may rejoin class after it is determined that they do not have lice.
- If an injury occurs during class, it may be advised that the student sit out for the remaining time of class. Depending on the severity of injury, a student may need a doctor’s note to return to class.
If you sustain an injury either in or out of class that requires a visit to the doctor we would like you to have a doctor’s note upon returning to class. Please present the doctor’s note to the office prior to the start of class.
- During Covid, there is no waiting room.
Families of SANCA students, while they are in class
- During Covid there is no waiting room. Visitor must wait outside or leave and come back.
Pet Policy & Etiquette
SANCA is a pet friendly facility. If you feel like you or your pet cannot follow the rules below, we ask that you do not bring it into our facilities.
All pet owners must adhere to the guidelines listed below:
- Owners are100% responsible, 100% of the time, for their pet’s: Wellbeing, behavior and biological needs: bagging, cleaning, fur patrol, sanitizing and disposing of feces.
- All pets MUST be: Owned and housed by pet owner for at least 30 days; Current on flea prevention treatment, as well as all vaccinations and a negative fecal test, including being parasite free; Spayed or neutered; Potty trained and of good hygiene (e.g., no foul, unpleasant or strong odors); Positively controlled within the pet owner’s immediate area, tethered (6ft or less), or kenneled at all times
To see our complete Pet Policy, please connect with the Front Office.
As SANCA’s community to continues to grow, regulating and mediating actions are necessary to keep things fair for all parties involved. If you have a concern and are confused about who to talk to, please refer to the chart below.