The Marketing Manager is a key role at SANCA, with responsibility for SANCA’s visibility through branding, marketing, and communications. This salaried position is Mon – Fri with weekend work. The Marketing Manager reports to the Executive Director.
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge, and skills. The list is illustrative only and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents of this class.
Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Develops and manages marketing, public relations, and branding initiatives, according to the strategic direction set by the Executive Director, Development Director, and Board of Directors.
- Designs powerful and compelling graphics to vibrantly represent SANCA’s brand in advertisements, websites, emails, social media, and other media outlets. Canva or Adobe experience is a plus.
- Captures high-quality photos and videos daily of SANCA’s circus and flying trapeze classes to share on our social media platforms. (Tik tok, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube)
- Creates and manages weekly promotional email campaigns via the newsletter to communicate with SANCA’s community.
- Creates compelling social media content and campaigns with high frequency and quality that interacts appropriately within the social media sphere.
- Develops and implements effective paid and unpaid advertising campaigns to attract new and past clients and students.
- Maintains SANCA’s website through WordPress with new and fresh content. Additionally must be able to make edits to the website. (News posts, adding new members, creating new pages etc.)
- Manages online ticketing and sales for all of SANCA’s shows including our Youth Company’s shows. Travel required.
- Attends SANCA’s events to capture photos and videos to share online and through other media outlets.
- Writes copy for SANCA’s website, social media, and newsletters.
- Develops and implements a public relations strategy, and builds relationships with media agencies, that result in articles and content produced by outside media outlets to boost SANCA’s profile.
- Works closely with the Executive Director and Development staff to design and
implement effective promotional campaigns to support fundraising and development efforts at SANCA.
- Works with the IDEA Committee (Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, Antiracism) to ensure that SANCA’s visibility reflects its community.
- Works with and communicates effectively with other SANCA staff to support a robust teamwork environment.
- Analyzes and uses data from social media and WordPress to better understand the online audience.
- Creates flyers to post and hand out around SANCA as well as the Seattle area. Travel required.
- Handles other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
The ideal candidate will be highly skilled in graphic design and knowledgeable in marketing, social media, advertising, public relations, and communications. They will work well with others and have a strong ability to foster a creative, open-minded work environment; they will be open to new and different ideas, with a willingness to celebrate the successes of their team members. They are also able to work independently when necessary. A degree in marketing, public relations, and/or graphic design is a plus. Strong work experience in a related position would reflect a candidate likely to hit the ground running and be successful in this role. We will also consider candidates whose experiences and learning have come through non-traditional paths.
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
This position requires prolonged sitting, standing, walking, kneeling, and bending in the performance of daily activities. The position also requires grasping and repetitive hand movement using a computer keyboard. The position requires near and far vision in reading correspondence, using a computer, and in the safe supervision of staff and students. The ability to communicate is required when providing phone and personal service. Some of these requirements may be accommodated for otherwise qualified individuals requiring and requesting such accommodations.
This position is full-time and salaried. The salary range for the position is $45,000 – $60,000. Benefits include paid vacation time, sick/safe leave, paid holidays, free circus classes for staff, free and/or discounted circus classes for the direct family of staff, and free use of SANCA’s gym for training and fitness. At this time, SANCA does not provide health insurance.
All applications should provide a cover letter and resume along with a portfolio of your work. Please include graphics, photos, videos, and at least one example of your copywriting to be considered.