Job Title: Circus Access Programs Administrative Assistant
FSLA: Part time, non-exempt
Reports to: Circus Access Programs Manager
Description: The Administrative Assistant (AA) is a member of the Circus Access Programs Staff and is responsible for providing administrative support to the Circus Access Programs Manager. Circus Access Programs refers to SANCA’s Social Circus and Every Body’s Circus (EBC) programs. These programs are created for underserved communities and differently abled communities, respectively. The AA position is currently part-time. Hours will vary depending on specific events occurring within the organization, but are currently estimated at 5-10 hours per week. Some work can be done remotely, however occasionally duties will be required on site.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
– Conducting a portion of intake interviews for prospective EBC students. Intake interviews entail meeting families, assessing student needs, and determining whether the student would benefit most from group or 1:1 classes.
– Interacting with Social Circus and EBC students and parents show new students/families around the gym.
– Answering email inquiries about Social Circus and EBC
– Registering students for classes and/or assisting students to register themselves.
– Communicating with and billing the case managers of students that use DDA funding for respite care, communicating via email and billing through ProviderOne.
– Performing general clerical duties including, but not limited to: data entry, copying, faxing, mailing and filing.
– Creating and modifying documents using word processing, spreadsheet, database and/or other presentation software.
– Supervising volunteers and other support personnel.
– Assisting with special events, such as fundraising activities and productions.
– Maintaining a student database.
– Informing students/families of change in class placement if the student is/becomes a good fit for a rec class, EBC group class, or 1:1 class..
– Other various projects and tasks as assigned
The ideal candidate would have:
– A background of working with underserved and/or differently-abled communities or enthusiasm and dedication to learn best practices for working with these communities.
– Comfort working with children and their families to create and communicate consistent systems of care.
-Ability to operate standard office equipment, including but not limited to computers, telephone systems,
calculators, copiers and facsimile machines.
– Good writing, analytical and problem-solving skills.
– Knowledge of principles & practices of organization, planning, records management & general administration.
– Ability to communicate effectively and professionally
– Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
– Ability to work well independently as well as on a team.
-Familiarity with Google Suite.
SANCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. www.sancaseattle.org
Previous administrative experience preferred.
To apply, a resume and cover letter should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org