The ECTA Summer Camp Head Coach is a seasonal position that leads the coaching staff for all of SANCA’s summer camp programs at Emerald City Trapeze Arts. The SC head coach adapts SANCA’s general circus curriculum for ECTA camp needs, trains the coaches, and creates the rotation schedule for each camp cohort. Each day during camps the Head Coach is present to support the program and the staff.
Compensation is $22.00 – $27.50 hourly, with full time hours expected for approximately 12-14 weeks of work, June through September. Benefits: Benefits include free circus classes for staff, free use of SANCA’s gym for training and fitness, and free and/or discounted circus classes for direct family of staff.
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge, and skills. The list is illustrative only, and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents of this class. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Trains all camp coaches at the start of summer and on an ongoing basis as needed
- Adapts SANCA’s general circus curriculum for camp needs
- Creates a rotating schedule of activities for campers in collaboration with Camp Administrator
- Assigns coaches to appropriate teaching positions in collaboration with Camp Administrator
- Is present each camp day to problem solve, provide support, and fill in as needed
- Works with and communicates effectively with other SANCA staff to support a positive environment.
- Handles other camp related duties as assigned by the Program Advisor.
The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years of experience in coaching youth circus and/or camp program leadership. Excellent communication skills with coaches, parents, and campers are a must, as well as a positive attitude and willingness to be a part of a team.
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
This position requires prolonged sitting, standing, walking, kneeling, and bending in the performance of daily activities. The position also requires grasping and repetitive hand movement using a computer keyboard. The position requires near and far vision in reading correspondence, using a computer, and in the safe supervision of staff and students. The ability to communicate is required when providing phone and personal service.
Some of these requirements may be accommodated for otherwise qualified individuals requiring and requesting such accommodations.